Video Library Yields 4.5 Million Views for Real Estate Brokerage
The cleverly named Halstead ProperTV section of the Halstead Property website boasts a video library of over 500 video’s and, according to Marketing Manager Matthew Leone, has received over 4.5 million total views since its inception a year and a half ago. It’s a pretty impressive number and the Halstead Property’s well executed use of video is certainly worthy of applause.
Noteworthy about the video strategy are the following:
- The videos are high quality and well produced. At the same time, they are not over produced. They don’t appear “slick” – they are professional and real.
- There is diversity in the content of the videos. Although there are a significant amount of properties that are showcased in video on the site (which is logical for a real estate brokerage), the subject matter of the videos is far beyond listings. This depth of content allows Halstead to meet not only the needs of its sellers, but also that of its buyers who want area information, lifestyle information, and market information. The site features channels with videos showing:
- Agent Biographies
- A “How To” series which educates the consumer on features found on the ProperTV site
- A “Behind the Numbers” a quarterly market update show hosted by Halstead’s Chief Economist which interprets the numbers for the consumer, and Real Access which showcases the lifestyle, people and events of New York City.
- The syndication of the videos includes not only Halstead.com, but also YouTube, Google Video, the Facebook Official (Fan) Page for Halstead Properties, and WellcomeMat.com. These syndication partners are certainly a great way to help garner views. And views are an important consideration in Googles algorithm – as Forrester points out in its post on The Easiest Way to a First-Page Rank on Google post.
- Video is very SEO friendly. A March 10th, 2010 article on Tech Crunch states that: Forrester Research found that videos were 53 time more likely than traditional web pages to receive an organic first-page ranking (on Google). As YouTube is owned by Google, Halstead is guaranteeing that their video’s are being indexed by Google by having a YouTube channel. And, as highlighted in the previous point, Halstead Properties video syndication is assisting in getting a large quantity of views which Google says it’s algorithms favors.
Video is certainly an emerging (some might say hot) topic in modern real estate marketing. Halstead ProperTV has done a great job in harnessing the power and presentation of the video media for the benefit of home buyers, home sellers, and the brokerage. It’s an example for our industry to watch and learn from.