Realtor Blog Reflects Outstanding Niche Marketing
Realtors Kathy Sperl-Bell and Bill Bell couldn’t be clearer in who their audience is with ActiveAdultsDelaware.com. If the URL wasn’t enough to clarify the intended audience of this blog, the imagery when you click the link does, and the visuals are supported by relevant content tailored for the segment, making their site an excellent example of modern niche marketing.
This site does several things well from a marketing perspective:
- They focus on a lifestyle niche (vs. a geographic farm). Often Realtors are focused on a geographic farm which can become competitive from a saturation standpoint both off and on-line. If you are finding too much competition for the term “Miami Real Estate” for example, why not go for a lifestyle niche such as active adults? Lifestyle niches can be a great way to claim your segment of the longtail.
- They have a strong URL “ActiveAdultsDelaware.com”: It is crystal clear to consumers what segment they are targeting here. In addition, it is a key word rich URL which can benefit their SEO efforts.
- Their Tagline: Their market segment is reinforced, and further clarified by their tagline: Boomers and Beyond at the Beach…in Delaware. You know their geography (Delaware), you know their location (the beach), you know their segment (boomers and beyond). The tagline strengthens the URL and the niche branding…it does not dilute it.
- Header Image: The image banner at the top of their site visually clarifies and reinforces the lifestyle niche there are targeting, reflecting the age range and lifestyle they sell.
- Site Content: The expertise of the Realtors is reinforced by the copy on the homepage of the site and the navigation sections which includes “Active Adult Communities”, “Seniors Real Estate Specialist”, “Active Adults Delaware Blog” and the “About Us > For Retirees” sections. And, the category tags on the blog speak to the interest of the target audience with categories about the Active Adult Communities, as well as categories such as Baby Boomers, Dining & Entertainment, Golf, and of course, Delaware Real Estate.
For these reasons, Kathy Sperl-Bell and Bill Bell are applauded for great use of a blog to build their business around a niche market.